Here's a fun game to play. Take a band's name and do a mash up with a book's name. Coudal Partners calls it "Booking Bands". Here are some of my favorites:
- Great White Expectations (Anything with 80s hair bands works for me)
- Horton Hears a Hoobastank (This just sounds nasty)
- A Tale of Two Bay City Rollers ("Turn off the soccer game and put on the Bay City Rollers" - So I married an Axe Murderer)
- Mein Camper Van Beethoven (Good punk band name)
- Corey Hart of Darkness (This works on so many levels..."I wear my sunglasses at night so I can...")
- Slaughterhouse Jackson Five (Disturbing)
View the full list.
Here are some of my own.
- The Lord of the Sex Pistols
- The Handmaid's Black Sabbath
- A Farewell to .38 Special
- The World According to Molly Hatch
- The Satanic Fat Boys
- A Room with a Foreigner
- Gloria Estefan and the Art of Miami Sound Maintenance
- Naked Hair Cut 100
- The Cult of Innocence
- The Call of Los Lobos
Some good ones from Matt...
- Into Thin Air Supply (Genius)
- The Velveteen Revolver (Soft, plush and deadly)
- Oliver Twisted Sister (We're not gonna take it! Anymore!)
- Booker T-Factor Diet (Unexpected use of popular diet book. Good work.)